Sunday, February 20, 2011

Time flies when you're shooting guns

One week of vacation down, one more to go.

Glad to be back in Texas, visiting family, NOT studying (though i should be considering I have an exam the second day we're back in school) being warm, doing some target practice, and getting things done in preparation for the move in May.

Our "Recon Mission" in Houston went well, though we still haven't exactly decided on a place to live yet, come May. (I think we saw more apartments in two days than was necessary, but nothing really hit all of the wishlist criteria, so we'll have to comprimise on either price or location or square footage... which is to be expected.) Still, we like the medical center area in general, and it's really close to a bunch of things we think we'll enjoy like the Houston Zoo, the Museum District, and Rice University's "Rice Village" area which is full of awesome shops and bistros. Now we just have to decide if the living on the Metro ("Light Rail") Houston is worth the extra cost or not. 

While reading reviews of the Metra system online, i found this gem online from some random reviewer, which i have to admit i laughed outloud when i read. The following is an excerpt from his very in-depth review. :


"...But by far my favorite thing is the sort of rubbish that I hear whilst on the Metro.  Sure there is the occasional irresponsibly loud cell-phone-talker, or the incoherent guy who mumbles to himself, but it is the loud friends that babble and complain together about urban redevelopment and "how it used to be" that really crack me up. Two such complainers were on last night, and at first their conversation was a bit boring, but the last 30 seconds I heard before I got off was pure hilarity.

Dude 1: "Man, f*ck that Johnny brotha"
Dude 2: "YA!... wait... why...?  I think he is alright"
Dude 1: "That jerk has a girl AND a car!"
Dude 2: "YA!... wait... I think those are good things..."
Dude 1: "Well ya, but man, I gots me a good job, and I can't afford neither"

aaaand scene.

I love you Metro Houston, I truly do."  --review by AdamO.



So, yeah. i think i may have made a decision. Thank you, AdamO.

No comments: